Why do you need me?
- broken down by demographic
Not resonating with black mamas
The peer model and why it works
Imagine the peer model online
- moms are online
- many healthcare providers are starting to provide online services
- engaging blog for moms and/or healthcare providers creates a professional following and brand loyalty, sets org apart
- organizations with active, engaging blogs and brand loyalty stats
- For mothers: educational resources in a relatable voice with relatable context, “culturally sensitive”
- For educators: Bridge to the moms, help contextualize, translate, to develop unique methods for moms with unique circumstances
Who am I?
Public health worker
community health worker
noticed a gap between black mothers and healthcare providers in delivering breastfeeding support
helped organize/establish HUGS, GR’s first black breastfeeding group