Loving Day is celebrated in cities throughout the country in observance of the Loving v. Virginia Supreme Court Case of 1967, which struck down the criminality of interracial marriage in the United States. Ebony Road Players, third-time organizers of West Michigan’s Loving Day Celebration, is a Grand Rapids theater company whose mission is to inspire, educate and engage cultures of our community with high-quality theater productions focused on the Black experience. Our Loving Day Celebration will honor multicultural and multiracial families, celebrate diversity, inclusion, and build a sense of belonging for all.
West Michigan’s 2017 Loving Day Celebration will take place over the weekend, from FRIDAY JUNE 9 through SUNDAY JUNE 11 in Downtown Grand Rapids.
To learn more, choose an option below:
- West Michigan’s Loving Day Celebration Fiftieth Anniversary
- Call for VOLUNTEERS
- Call for VENDORS
- Family Block Party Facebook Event Invite
- Giving Voice to Love: a multimedia multiracial concert Facebook Event Invite
- Film: The Loving Story and Community Conversation Facebook Event Invite
- Find us on LovingDay.org
- Get your tickets here
- Check for a Loving Day celebration near you
Community Partners Include:
Stay in the loop; subscribe here: